Backed by over 20 years of experience, Ekocentar 97 today serves a diverse customer base, including most of the industrial companies within the country. Today, our customer base spans a number of business sectors including the energy sector, metals & mining, automotive, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, telecommunications, finance, refinery and fuel suppliers etc.
In line with the adoption of the Law on Management of Electrical and Electronic Waste, Waste Batteries and Waste Toner Cartridges in North Macedonia in 2012, the company established a separate sector for the storage and processing of this kind of hazardous waste.
Additionally, the company has vast experience in the recycling of end-of-life vehicles and waste tires, as well as disposal of car batteries. Recognizing that all these materials contain hazardous substances that require appropriate treatment, and at the same time contain components that can be reused, Ekocentar 97 developed additional sectors for the storage and treatment of these kinds of waste materials.
In 2018, Ekocentar 97 established a hazardous waste sector and developed a network of reliable partners for hazardous waste management across Europe. Thanks to the collaboration with the most prominent disposal plants in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and France, Ekocentar 97 may offer a solution for various types of hazardous waste. At the moment, Ekocentar 97 is the leading hazardous waste management company in the country, serving a major part of the industrial companies.
- Permit for performing the activity of collection and transport of communal and other types of non-hazardous waste with No.04 registered under number Up1-23-1576 / 2017 issued by the Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning of the Republic of Macedonia on 20.02.2018 with validity until 26.01. 2023;
- Дозвола за вршење дејност собирање и транспорт на опасен отпад со Бр.14 заведена под број Уп1-31-629/2020 издадена од Министерство за животна средина и просторно планирање на РМ на 01.07.2018 со важност до 29.06.2030 год;
- Решение за проширување на Дозволата за собирање и транспорт на опасен отпад број Уп1-31-629/2020 од 29.06.2020.
- Expert Waste Management License awarded by the Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning in 2014;
- Certificate of Professional Competence for Transport Managers in Road Haulage obtained in November 2014;
- License for public transport in N. Macedonia issued by the Ministry for Transport and Communications of Republic N. Macedonia, valid until June 2024;
- Approval on performing carriage of dangerous goods by road Macedonia issued by the Ministry for Transport and Communications of Republic N. Macedonia, valid until March 2022;
- Other: ADR driver certificates earned by Ekocentar’s employees, Health and Safety Certificates for different positions;
- ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 18001:2007 and ISO 50001:2011.
In order to perform the work activities more efficiently, the company has its own fleet vehicles that includes five freight vehicles, four excavators (max capacity 15 tones), three trucks with crane (lifting capacity of 2 tones, carrying capacity of 12 tones), four forklifts, vans, small cargo vehicles etc. Our fleet also includes freight vehicles specialized for transport of dangerous goods with ADR permit.
To ensure safe operations, Ekocentar 97 uses portable gas detectors MSA ALTAIR 5 Multi-gas and Honeywell BW Ultra Multi-Gas Detector which monitor LEL, toxic gasses, VOCs, inorganic compounds etc. When working with hazardous waste, these detectors are used continuously to avoid adverse effects on human health and the environment.
Our employees use anti-static personal protective equipment (disposable outer protective suit, gloves and boots), full-face respiratory mask protecting against organic and inorganic gasses and vapors, acid gases, Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Ammonia (NH3) and its derivatives, dusts, fumes, particles etc.
We accomplish our mission through a continuous training of our employees, following the world trends and implementing new, innovative practices.
Ekocentar 97 is a socially responsible company that for many years has been actively involved in promoting individual and corporate responsibility, as well as promoting sustainable, environmentally friendly, healthy and cost-effective practices that have a positive impact on the community. Our company advocates recycling, because it converts the waste into a useful resource for production of new materials.
In order to promote a healthy lifestyle, our company supports numerous culture and sport events, such as cycling, hiking, boxing, football and handball.